Friday, January 28, 2011

**Mini Rant #5**--Shakin' Not Stirred

  


      Happy Friday once again!   Time has been flying lately, at least for myself.  Lately, as in since about October.   I am once again sitting here watching it rain---Welcome to Washington!  *That line was first used on me years ago.  I had just entered the outskirts of Bellingham in a huge, breaking down pickup, moving.  I was ready to kill my truck, my helper, his truck, any driver around, etc.   We pulled into a rest stop so both my vehicle and I could cool down.  I was over stressed and dripping sweat.   And tried to buy a cooling pop from the only vending machine.   As  the machine ate my money, giving no refreshing pop, it started to dump rain outside.   My long time buddy and moving helper yelled out "welcome to Washington!"   This feeble attempt at a story has nothing to do with my mini rant, I just thought I would share.  I am over stressed and annoyed in general today, so I am going to keep this rant short so that it does not take on an angry mind of its own and proceed to kick my as* after written.
    In case you have not gotten the memo from past blogs--I enjoy coffee.   Maybe an un healthy enjoyment.  I try to have coffee at home, but one has to get out, and it is way more an mini adventure if you go to a coffee shop.  I am easily amused so yes, this counts as a mini adventure to me.  Shut it!   A major draw back to all of this, is that I do not really like people.   Possibly enforced by always having customer service jobs thus far in my life.   I believe that the  worse part of any coffee joint, no matter how great the spot, is their coffee bar.  Were you add sugar and creamer and all that jazz.  


    I intake a great deal of coffee in the morning, and have long ago learned to not also add sugar to each cup.   You can form your own conclusions to why, especially if you are a reader that has seen my great coffee highs!  So my creamer addition usually takes ten seconds-tops.   I have found that S bucks napkins rock so usually grab one or two, adding maybe two seconds at the bar.   The napkins are great for messy people like myself, and also double as a great snot rag.  That said, or written, I have yet to meet someone remotely close to that speedy at the coffee bar.    Most people I try to remain patient behind, as my coffee smells great and starts going cold, mix such a concoction in their drink, it is like they are making a freaking cocktail.  


    Add some creamer, sugar, milk-taste, wipe mouth, add sugar again, creamer, stir, stare at drink, stir, taste   spit some out---too much sugar!   Dump out some coffee, because it is now way to full of condiments.   Add more to the concoction.   Ask the barista for more coffee  because you now dumped out just a little to much, and than start all over again.   Even if you are doing all this at three in the afternoon, it is way to early in the morning for me to endure.   I just want my coffee!   Fifteen minutes after waiting for three customers to mix the perfect, mind bending, rocket scientist approved drink, I dump in cream and walk away.   Take notes if that helps, but please don't write them at the coffee bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment