Friday, January 14, 2011

**Mini Rant** 03 I'm sorry, your sorry that I'm not sorry!


    

    I have started a new section to the blogs called "mini rants"    I slowly have incorporated them into Facebook when I am overly disgruntled.  I hope to add a new one on here every Friday and at some point would like to do them in movie form, so you can hear my anger.   If you as the reader, have anything that really annoys you---- add it to my comments section    and it might become my next rant.    This one actually is published on a Friday--yo!

  
                       I'm sorry, your sorry that I'm not sorry!     Thanks for playing!         

   **"I'm sorry" two of the most useless words in the human language. Suppose it sounds good & makes one feel good, but is completely useless to the other person."**---Cliff notes from Professor Getty

   I had to recently give a condensed version of all of this to someone.  OK didn't have to, but those of you that know me well know that it's hard to tick me off, but when it happens, it's not purdy.  People around me have learned that speeches are fine tuned and not fun for the receivers.  In this, I will be gentle. 
    Last week I talked about no one taking responsibility for their own actions.  Hand in hand with that, everyone seems to be sorry.  About what they did, what they didn't do, who they did. Example: I forgot to drive you to your new job today, and than you got fired, and robed while waiting in the rain---and for that I am sorry.  That's great that they are sorry, but it doesn't help in any way.  The words sound good.  But are over used.   People are sorry about anything.   When you ask them what their sorry is going to do for you, they have no clue  they are just sorry.   Words mean things, last I checked. 
    One time we spent a week, not getting phone service hooked up.  Luckily it took so long, that we found a new/better service in town and called, wait got a hold of them.  And had phone service in two days.  Another week of hassles with the other company to try and cancel the services and get our deposit back.   Several times the operators hung up on us.   One was when we asked how with three children, we were supposed to call 911 if something bloody happened.  They soon replied that we should call 911.  And we kept wondering how loud we would have to yell down the street to accomplish this with no phone service.   Wondering into a dial tone, because the operator had once again hung up on us.  Before that she kept saying how sorry she was.   Sorry acting?   Sorry that she had picked up the call from us?   More than likely, she had her own problems.  Maybe she was at that moment on hold with her Internet provider.  That was sorry she had received no Internet for three months, but was still sending out a pay or disconnect notice. 
    Everyone is sorry.   But they are not always sure why.  And they don't know how to remedy what they did.  Comcast keeps running commercials about how great service they give.  To make up for how crappy their service really is.   Before that they ran ads saying how sorry they were that they overcharged hundreds of customers.  Recall that fun?   They sent out checks to tons of customers because they had been skimming off them for years.   Were they sorry that they stole.  Or sorry that they got caught by some dam watch dog organization? 
   With the addition of computers and call centers, a whole new annoyances is emerging.  After verifying you live in America and yes do know English.   You have to push a series of buttons to continue talking to the machine.   All of the real operators are sorry they lost their jobs.  Eventually the computer tells you it is sorry for your incovience, prompts you to call back during the hour long business hours each  day, or visit their new call center in South Ball Africa, and than promptly hangs up.   Call centers are about as much fun, except you are not really sure if the person said they were sorry, or that they liked tacos!
    After childhood, saying your sorry is far from cute.   The "puppy dog' eyes just aren't as effective when the person looking at you is 89.   If you need to join the masses, and use those two words.   Please have a remedy to attempt to fix what you have done.   You don't have to follow through.  But having some kind of plan or way of making it up to me, means a huge amount.  Saying I'm sorry--means nothing to me-thanks for playing!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment