Monday, August 8, 2011

8/8/2011

                      


                                **"There is nothing like closing on ones day off work!"**

                                  **"That she's not a she!"**---Professor Getty----
    I am not going to go very deep into explaining this one.   But have you ever been walking down the street, and seen a really attractive member of the opposite sex walking towards you.  You start to groom yourself a little, walk a little taller, strut a little.   She is looking very good the closer you get,  almost meeting on the sidewalk.   You plan in your head a few really great lines to use on them, knowing you would never actually mutter any of them.   Than as you might almost say "Howdy beautiful!"  you realize it is not even a gal you have been staring at any of this time.   Admit it, this has happened to you all.   Somewhat like when you blow on your ice cream to cool it off a little bit.   And than look quickly around to make sure no one saw that idiot move!

     Today I had planned on having a full day off work.  Relaxing and such.  And after downing much flavorful brew of the Gods, also know as coffee,  writing two blogs today.   I did get to sleep in and drink coffee.   But got called into work a few hours.  So today --a blog about my last week roaming around Sheridan.   With pictures of course!   As always ----please comment!   And pass on the word, if you enjoy what you see.   My older blogs ---are some of my favorites.   Also, if you find any of this entertaining, pass it on to sights like Sheridan Media.com.   I would love to somehow write for them or the Sheridan Press, even in blog form.   But have not been brave enough to suggest this myself.   Maybe because I fear rejection in all forms.   Something I will have to get over, if I ever want to be published.





I always enjoy a great sunset picture.   And believe there is always room for one more great shot.
I have a ton of sunset pictures.   But only about two sunrise pictures.  Mornings would be great if they started much later in the day!     These pictures were takin' up at the fair grounds

Sheridan has a ton of events in the summer time.  Especially for such a small town.  Thursday night farmers markets, 3rd Thursday street fairs, Friday night movies at the park, etc etc.
Tuesday night I ended up enjoying a concert in the park.   This week--Kid Fiddlers.



As most events in town, they drew a large crowd.  The above picture only shows about half of the audience. 

That night I ended up at the fair in time to view the pig showings.  Yes pigs, even though sheep are safe, I did not see many of them that night.   The fair is great to roam around here, but nothing at all like Montana Fair in Billings.   Which I hope to write about very soon.   I have been many times in my past, but have no pictures or very clear memories, dam beverages. 

On the walk home, I passed my favorite statue once again.   I have so many pictures of this statue, but got a few good night ones.



Saturday after work, my parents and I ended up at the arts festival at the college.  
Nearly 50 artistest offered some great sights.   With the best possibly being from the school's own welders rodeo.   Live music created a perfect backdrop.   


Below ---no ones is creative today?    One of the workshops at the festival.   Combined with some great food and drinks, one could spend the good part of the day here easily.



After I ended back up at the fair grounds to watch the pig wrestling.   Actually very enjoyable.  Although I think most of the many watchers found it more interesting the more thay drank.  
This started with the beginners, the under ten year old crowd.   They got a lil pig to catch.   And many of the kids seemed much more afraid of the pigs than vise-Vera. 
The pigs grew as each round went on.   Leading up to the heavy weight full sized buckets of bacon, chased by the men.
  This all might have been more entertaining with a little bit better of an announcer.  He was good, but kept saying the same things, and spent much to the time, laughing into the microphone.  Still a much better night than any sitting in front of the boob tube. 



A huge crowd was present.
If you have to wrestle your drunk husband out of the mini van, into the house, and into bed.  You might be a shoe win for next years competition!

This old bus -complete with many mini pictures on each side was spotted at the fair grounds.  I have seen many great old buses and will have to dig out the other pictures.   I always thought it would be great to live in one of these and travel the country.   I would drop a hot tub in the back of it, and put neon lights under the bus.    But would have to watch were I drove in the day time.  Stopping at some red lights could have children running after the bus thinking they were late for school. 



Happy Trails!!

No comments:

Post a Comment