Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Whats That Bright Ball of Light in the Sky Again? Sun You Say??

                                          


                                                   **"What you call dog with no legs?
                                   ...
Don't matter what you call him, he ain't gonna come."**

**"I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places."**--- Henny Youngman

                     **"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."**


                 **"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing. "**

                      **"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid."**


  It is actually sunny outside again today.   And everyone outside seems to be walking around squinting, so un-familiar with not seeing grey skies and rain.   It is supposed to hit 80 outside today, but I won't believe that till I feel it.   If this is true, that just means it will be over 100 inside the restaurant I work in.  Last summer I would disappear randomly into the walk in freezer to kool down.   Shhh  don't tell---I do not wish to have to kick people out of there to cool down, and there are so few places to hide at this job.   The freezer is great because it cools you down almost instantly.   Besides most of us have kind of decided it is safer to use the buddy system when you walk in the fridge side.   *Long story.    If we have learned nothing else, the walk ins walls do not make it sound proof.   Bosses used to disappear in there to talk loudly to each other, thinking it was more sound proof than the back office.  True, but not by much.
    Above is a picture of the amazing snow levels up on the mountain passes by Burgess Junction.  I did not take the picture.  But hope to get up that way soon to get some of my own pictures.  That is amazing!   It also shows how high the local rivers will again rise, if summer actually hits us.   Welcome June!  
    Since I need to relocate across town once again this week.  *my motel is going to summer rates which are to rich for my blood.   Even though they assured me they would not.   The lower rates did last a whole month for me!   I am amazed at how high rent is in this small town.  I realize things are going up across the country, except for wages.  But I have lived in towns with much much more to do, and much bigger, for cheaper than the going rate in Sheridan right now.   I realize this town comes to life in the summer, being on the way to many major tourist traps.  In fact my tips show this all through the summer.   Problem is summer is very short here.   And than the town slows way down, and hibernates for a long cold winter.   Dam that global warming!     

No comments:

Post a Comment