Monday, March 12, 2012

3/12/12




                                                                      Down  by the bay



True dat!   This is from the movie Office Space--right before the above worker gets promoted.
Office Space is on my top ten favorite movies list for sure.
If I could ever write a screen play combining aspects of this movie and Employee of the Month I would keep you the viewer laughing for weeks.  Minutes at least!

My next blog will talk about our visit to see the reptile man.   And April and my date night Saturday night.   I do not have the pictures down-loaded into my computer yet.  But the cliff notes are that we came home to no kids, and I still do not like snakes--at all.


Fish flavored water.

I stop my typing and sipping on a Fat Tire beer long enough to share that I enjoyed a Sunkist pop a few days back.  I do randomly drink things that are not called coffee.   I was not aware they still even manufactured Sunkist.  I have to say it was good, but enjoy a great cup of Joe much more.   

The first Starbucks.  In Seattle, WA      I will be visiting this again at the end of this month.  Hopefully with a picture of me out front this time.    And yes the line goes down the street and loops around the inside of the building most of the stores open hours. 

I am sad to say that living were there are great to super great coffee shops all around me now, my first two coffee outings landed me at Starbucks.  After so long of living away from those that I love, I have been mostly content with drinking my morning brew at home now.  The other day I ventured out in the rain to run some errands and visit the newest Starbucks in Bellingham.  I soon learned how calming walking in the rain is, but it is also very chilly.  The newest coffee shop is on Sunset.  And it was packed.  It is a nice store, but still a Starbucks.  Meaning there is much better shops every about ten feet from were ever you are sitting at this very moment.   During date night, we had some time to kill and ended up at the Starbucks downtown.  Being downtown we had some great entertainment from an individual who was on some good drugs, and would not share.   He hopefully kept up the not sharing, when the cops stopped him just down the street from the coffee shop. 
There are defiantly better places to have coffee, but with so many locations, it is easy to find yourself enjoying a Starbucks coffee.  Plus now all locations have free wi-fi.    With my small lap top, sipping coffee while people watching and typing up a blog can be great entertainment.   But I am very easily entertained. 
 How did my coffee cup know I was so hot??

I have both and couldn't be happier.   Although we have learned in the past this isn't true.
Love will not pay off your landlords and such.  Although if you make the dog angry enough, he can keep the bill collectors at bay for quite awhile!

In my many walks with our new dog, I have to say I have forgotten how "fun" it is to walk a male dog.   I have not had a male dog for a long time, possibly ever.  And forgot how they have to stop every 2.5 feet to pee on something.   This something could be a stump, sign, or your leg. 
He is slowly getting me back in shape though.   I am in a shape, just not a good shape at all.  And the dog doesn't make fun of me while I run low on breath while standing at a red light.  That way I can slowly get myself in better health and not get made fun of.   It is hard to believe that even though it's been years, the first time I lived in Bellingham I biked across town almost every day.  This was the same time period were I would go on a crazy hike early in the day, before closing at work the same night.  Now slacking all day kind of wears me out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment