Friday, April 22, 2011

**Mini Rant #10** Big Brother?

 
**"Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack in that mother f's reflection." **
— Lady Gaga


http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/04/iphone-tracks/
   First off----I have been slacking at my mini rants.   It is supposed to be a weekly addition, but somehow this is only my tenth one.   When I stop slacking, I will start to add new additions to this page much more.   Second off---- This marks my 100th post!    Enjoy!
     With all the recent talk of smart phones maybe being a little to smart- comes today's rant.  Apparently anyone that can tie into your phones network can track the sights you have visited and places you have visited in real life for the last year.  Researchers stumbled across this finding  although it is not very surprising.   Not to sound paranoid, but everything is tracking us.   Some even say that if you turn off your smart phones power, people can still track were you are on the globe with it's built in GPS.   I say your phone, because mine is far from smart.  Even though it does way more than those huge brick sized cell phones of even ten years ago.  It bugs me more that people need these devices in everything from there cars to their postage stamps, but are majorly amazed when the postal service knows everything about them!  
     Your snazzy cars Onstar service can be tracked, your child's cell phone, everything visited on sights like Bing.   I mention Bing because Google majorly annoys me.  It knows to much.   Start typing a word into the search engine, and it guesses what you are thinking of very quickly.   Type in your home address, and you get detailed instructions on how to arrive at your house and probably a picture of your house.    Now Facebook is majorly merging with Google.   So if someone wanted to, they could locate which coffee joint you are sitting in right now, reading this blog.  I lead a boring enough life, that I will never need to worry about stalkers.   But some hot long legged blond gal, might be more worried about stalkers.  
    And of course all of this snazzy technology will soon just mean the police and beyond can easily monitor everything you do.   Have you ever noticed how many cameras are on your towns Main Street?   Do they make you feel any safer?   Cameras, at the moment you can escape.   But to all of you that complain about tech devices knowing to much---I have a simple cure all.   Turn off your phones and live life for awhile.  If you do not sign onto your computer with sights like Four Square, people won't know you just arrived at the local pub or jumped into bed.  
     With this as equally annoying are people that post to much about themselves online.   Constantly updating there status with everything.   From "I just used to little boys room"   to "I used 12 an a half pieces of toilet paper!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment