Tuesday, April 5, 2011

4/5/11 Yes It's Freakin' April!

                               **"Survival like love is blind."--Steven King **
                                         **"Tact is for wienies."--Garfield**
                     **"What Does Not Kill Me Only Makes Me Whinier"**---The Onion
   So I gave up on plans several years ago.  Maybe because of my parents, who deeply, maybe to deeply plan everything, maybe because I am me.   I used to plan everything I did with deep detail.  And kind of panic a little to a lot if the plan strayed a little of course.  About five years ago I started dating a great lady with three kids.  And soon learned that plans and kids do not mix!  God may very well laugh at your plans in your head, but kids will laugh at them daily, to your face.   And although I try to stop or stall it, I am very gradually starting to go with the flow each and every day.  This is very hard for me to do in all aspects of day planning.  From what bus to grab each morning, to what me and my girlfriend will do for the day, month, or  even the rest of our lives.
    When we live together I  kind of know that things will go the way they go.   For what seems good or worse, there is a reason for everything and try to let it all just hang out and ride.  If we have to stop every mile to let someone pee, we might meet someone extra kool.  If that someone with the small bladder is one of the adults--we are the drivers so the kids have to stop were we do, like it or not. 
    I have tried to figure out the next move way to much.   Now to prove to no avail.  From before Christmas life plans.  To last week, activities.   To as short ago as today's plans.   For reasons I will not go into in full online.  Mainly because I have learned the hard way, I am never sure who reads my blogs.   I will share that I needed to be out of my temporary residence today mainly because of something happening tomorrow.   Merly stating that it is a temporary residence proves that planing does not work.  For one thing, it was supposed to be a permanent home.   And for another it was supposed to be a life time partner in the home, no matter how long or short the lifetime was. 
     At one time I planned on getting out by staying the night in a Motel 6 or the sorts.  But a few short phone calls showed that Bellingham was not the cheap motel type of town.  $60 and up was not in my funding unless I was spending the night in a place such as Seattle or Vegas.   So  I swallowed my pride, and seeked permission to stay with my mother in law, of sorts, minus the wedding, in her van with three dogs and  two kids at a local park.   In the rain.   I bought beer as payment, and convinced myself that a long hike would make up for anything else.   But ended up spending the day with others.  
    A trip across the state filled with picking up furniture from the drivers ex husband and a thrilling trip to the court house to squash a warrant fueled with factors that could land one in jail.   OK not a thrilling trip, but slightly more enjoyable than sitting in a van watching it rain!   In exchange for helping on the trip, I got to sleep in an empty room for the night.   And I shared the beer I had purchased for the camping trip.   It was a win win situation!  
     Sadly I am a sap and missed my usual roomate.   Something that I am sure was not a mutual feeling.   I can only hope that my absence at the end of the month will cause some kind of feelings of loss in this person.   My future plans are completely muddled in my head.  I am sure that God has the wheel and knows what is and should be going on.  But, dang I wish he would share with me a little.  So we could compare notes!  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment