Monday, September 30, 2013

The Government Keeps Shutting Down, But They Want To Control What!?






    **"I saw a movie once were only the police and government had guns, it was called "Schindler's List."**
 


            Hello all again!  As always I use the word all, very loosely.  Actually there are a lot of you out there in reader land.  And for that I thank you VERY much!!  Especially considering the content many a day.   My other blog pages have the good pictures and a lot more Exploring and content.  And this page has the rambling and ranting.  Although it also has the jokes and the coffee love!   I do wish more of you would comment--but that's the way the cookie crumbles.  If you find a need to comment and or argue with me, you can do it directly from this page or go to MY Facebook page at:  
  Exploring with Wyoming Jack/Bobble Head
    My newest blog series, all about Exploring Arizona also would love your support.   Two new blog posts are in the works for that page.   And if I drink enough coffee one might very show up this afternoon!   A lot depends on how the day goes.  I will be spending much of it Exploring and "working" in Tucson.  Please check this page out at:

          http://exarizonagobensonbobcats.blogspot.com/

 
 

  I have talked a lot in the past about how I enjoy using my freedom of speech in my blogs and in person--while it is still free.   Also about our brother that lurks in the shadows, because the shadow knows what evil lurks in the minds of men. This brother is every ones brother, and he is growing stronger.  We simply call him Big Brother.   Even though these are huge issues --I try to keep my posts light and cheery.  And not attempt to make you want to always stay indoors or wish to wear an aluminum foil hat.   Although I do believe I could be very happy with doing all of our shopping online, from home.  I have also rambled a lot about gun laws.  We just moved from Washington state, were it is ridiculous how scared of guns everyone is.  It seems that bad ideas start in California and slowly work there way up the coast line.  Getting more strange as they gain support.   I grew up in Wyoming, and they are very supportive of there guns.  Most people only shoot beer bottles, or are just protecting there land and livestock.  Very few gun crimes happen in the state. 


    I would like a gun or two here in Arizona.   Another very free state in gun support.  Mostly for when I am on a hike, and get to close to an poisonous snake.  Although I would be very nervous of the guns around our kiddos.   They would all soon be trained in safety and such.  But in watching them play--- probably like much of the world.  They do not have guns, but everything becomes a gun.  Also every thing is a weapon.  So banning guns just opens ones minds to what objects could hurt just as much, just like it is in prison life I am sure.  When I got my first BB gun, I had to read the entire owners manual, with a test.  And than needed to take a hunters safety class before I could even use it.  It was only a BB gun, but I than had as much respect for it, as any weapon.   And defiantly did not shoot my eye out as Ralphie tried to do in A Christmas Story.   I love that movie!   Although I think I did shoot my poor dad in the butt one fine day.  
 
 
 

    


      With Starbucks new ruling--I feel the urge to post some of this again.   The top coffee maker or CEO decided that guns were not allowed in any of the stores.  --But how will I stir my creamer into my coffee??  He can not make this a law, yet--but the stores try to enforce it. 



  This of course is causing conflict with gun lovers across the board.  Sadly when I was in Wyoming last, before this idea.  I was sitting in Sheridan's one Starbucks, and a cowboy walked into the joint with a gun strapped on his waist.  I never saw him draw the gun, or even touch it.  And I highly doubt he was willing to loose his weapon forever by robbing the place or anything.  Although maybe it was just visible because the coffee makers had screwed up his order one to many times.  Anyways, as I was sitting there-two customers found the manager, and cornered him about the gun toting coffee drinker.   They were overly uneasy and could not believe he would come into a store like this.   Worse yet, the manager seemed to agree with the shocked couple.  This is Wyoming!   Were there are more guns than residents and every business has animal heads lining the walls.  Call me crazy, but I had to take a huge swig of coffee and do a double take to make sure I was not actually in Washington.  


      This was written before we moved to Arizona.  But still holds true.   For more thoughts and gun support pictures---please roam through my older blog posts.   And as always please leave me comments on this or any other topic.


** 
    And now I must vent for a minute or six.    I have many issues at the moment.  But most of these deal with family members, and after much free coffee, have decided that this is not the best way to bring them up.   Maybe on Facebook?  I also have a whole blog post in the works, about gun control---but not today.   **Please note--in the works means I have been thinking about it for over a week now!**     I grew up in Wyoming, were everyone has a gun or six.  If there is a no trespassing sign, they have a gun to back it up.   The likely hood of being caught on private land is slim, but you think twice before sneaking onto any ones property.  But most ranchers and such have there guns to protect there livestock and lively hood from predators.  With all of those guns, gun related crime is almost 0.  We are moving to Arizona soon, and I can not wait, because the above is also true about that state.  We will have a gun in our house, but mostly because I like to hike, and I want an effective way to fight back, if I come over a ridge and surprise a rattle snake.   Turning pale white, and screaming like a girl, is entertaining for my hike partners, but not effective.  Unless the partners deep laughter scares off the snake.  I am deathly afraid of snakes--or sticks, garden hoses that resemble snakes.  
       Back to my grumbling, The west coast seems to be deathly afraid of guns.  Here plenty of places sell guns, but it is almost impossible to buy bullets.  I do not know about you, but I can not throw my gun hard enough at anyone to hurt them.  It will just annoy the attacker more.  Blah blah blah---anything can be used as a weapon.   Yesterday my wife and I went to a retail store and I found a sling shot for cheap.   I had a sling shot growing up, and it was hours of fun.  Plus I was surrounded by dirt roads, so I had an endless supply of ammo.  I do not recall shooting any people with it, and felt so bad about the lone bird I injured --that I never shot at anything alive again.  Or at least waited a week for that.  Anyways, I thought it would be great fun for when we moved to the desert.   I was very surprised to read the package for this and only see two safety warnings.  Our new food dehrator has approximately 88 safety warnings.   But was amused that each instructional picture of the person using a sling shot, had eye safety goggles on. 
     Anyways, when we got up to the check out--the cashier demanded to see my ID---really  I am almost 35.   When I at first refused, he went on a mini power trip, held the item behind his back, and again asked for my ID.  This is the point were I should have left the item with him and walked off.  I used to be a cashier, and had to card everyone for booze, but I was always nice about it.   Even telling people that were obviously well into the drinking age, that I wasn't sure they were old enough to buy beer.  The cashier than stated how he had to check for any weapon.   Growing up I was un-aware at what power I held with my sling shot.   Probably because I was raised to respect it.   Before I got my first Daisy BB gun, I had to read the entire manual, with a pop quiz, and take a hunter/gun safety class.  My wife kept me from causing a scene at the registers.  Her and the mere fact that I really wanted to use the sling shot.  I was not aware what a weapon I was buying, and promptly hid it in the trunk of our car, cause after all of that "fun" Lord help us if I got pulled over on the way home.   And a cop saw the un-opened sling shot with in arm length reach.  
       Long story short---this area has beyond lost it on this topic.  I could do more personal damage with our laptop.   It is beyond heavy and bulky.  And by the warnings on our food dehratror I could do more damage to someone with that than with the scary sling shot/weapon.  Give me a break!     Arizona life can not come soon enough.   I think I will celebrate the move by buying a gun rack for our pickup.   And a separate rack under the gun rack to house my sling shot.   **


    OK   last thought for the day------Here is what all of my Wyoming friends and or readers have to look forward to in the very near future!!....

No comments:

Post a Comment