Sunday, February 10, 2013

Today Is A Day!





        **I love walking on the beach with my wife, until the vodka wears off and I'm just dragging a stolen mannequin around a Wal-mart parking lot."**

                              **"I hope both teams loose the big game today!"** ;)----Out dated -but my total thoughts before the "big" super bowl this year.  I did watch bits of the game while at work, mostly because no one was out eating, they were all watching the game.  Or at least sucking down a lot of highly watered down beverages.  I can tell you that if you tell someone hours before a game-that you can tell them the score of the game, before the game starts--without a question of a doubt---after you take there cash, say the score is 0-0!   *Score before the game starts...   Forget it, things are never funny if you have to explain them.  


                               **"You can not choose your family, but you can ignore there phone calls."**


                                 **Some people are so poor all they have is money."**



   And now a quick joke for your enjoyment!:

     THE MYSTIC
  1. >

    In a dark and hazy room, peering into a crystal ball, the Mystic delivered grave news:
    > "There's no easy way to tell you this, so I'll just be blunt.
    > Prepare yourself to be a widow. Your husband will die a violent and horrible death this year."
    > Visibly shaken, Laura stared at the woman's lined face, then at the single flickering candle, then down at her hands.
    > She took a few deep breaths to compose herself and to stop her mind racing.
    > She simply had to know.
    > She met the Fortune Teller's gaze, steadied her voice and asked,
    > "Will I be acquitted?"

                                               All the good slogans are already used !


    **"I haven't got a Twitter account, so I just carry around a megaphone to announce what I'm doing at random times. So far I've got 3 followers - but I think 2 of them are cops."**---I don't like Twitter or anything about it really.  But the above might be a great new way to announce your status updates on Facebook also? 
                                                                **Today is a day!"**



Was the above a blue print or your brain on Friday?   Fair warning to all of my customers, today is my Friday at work.  ;)



    I NEVER am in support of any type of hurtful or deadly shootings.  In fact each new tradagy is a new reason to try and ban guns, and that should never happen.  I will have a whole blog post on my thoughts on this very soon.   But I am starting to understand why people just seem to snap more and more often.  This understanding is reinforced every time I leave the comforts of our home.  There is a whole movie about it, probably more than one--But I am thinking about the movie "Falling Down."   Were the main character gets stuck in grid lock traffic one fine day, notices none of the construction workers are actually working, and just snaps.  The rest of the movie is about this.  In fact near the end, he walks back onto the road construction sight, were no worker is still actually working, and fires a rocket launcher at them all.  *Spoiler alert*  This hurts, and it is not a recommend fix, by anyone accept maybe NRA life time members.  
     Let me pause, in my rants and sissy whining to explain just a little bit.  Last week my youngest  and I went to the local dreaded Wally World.  All Wally World's are evil, but this one I used to work at, and because of all of the Canadians and such, is always extremely busy.  Always!  Because of this we found a parking spot exactly a mile from the fartherst entrance.  I am in no way complaining about Canadians here, aye.  People here keep forgetting how huge an impact they have on our local community and most people are annoying in general.  Especially, no offence, Wally World shoppers.   The store does only thrive by selling cheap disposable crap to a disposable nation.  Before you complain to much, and try to tell me how great you personally are, how you only shop retail giants once a month, and usually buy local---I shop the store plenty.  To much in fact, we are trying to stop shopping there completely, but two things keep bringing us back. 1.)  The relatives keep giving our kids gift cards from the store and B.) The cheap disposable crap!
   Anyways, you are thinking to much about throwing on your pj's and going shopping at Wally World--back to my story!  On this day I could not even get inside the store with out becoming overly annoyed.  As I said, we had parked so far away, that we walked past three other Wally Worlds!  As my son and I just got to the front door, a car zipped up and stopped in the fire lane.  Inches in front of us, blocking the door.  As I tried to non verbally explain in the air -to the driver-that she was in a cross walk--the passenger jumped out of the car, and started yelling at me.  I than yelled back that they were in a cross walk and shop-blocking us, so that we could not buy our cheap disposable crap!  The passenger than informed me that other people needed the cross walk also.   Deep but still not acceptable.  
       I than, very not nicely, or quietly, explained how it was the same as a cross walk downtown.  And that she could walk the 20 miles to the door like everyone else.  Maybe in fact needed to walk a great deal more.  I must note here that this "lady" was not elderly or disabled in any way.  "Stupidity is not a handicap."  At least that is what I am told every time I park my bicycle in the handicapped parking areas.  The other person had no reply and went into the store.  Hopefully to buy some condoms, so that she would never reproduce and raise what I lovingly call "doomed" kids.  Children that are destined for failure just because of there parents. ;)   I should have takin' this as a sign, and walked the half marathon trek back to our car.  But the cheap disposable crap was calling me.  And if I used that approach, I would never be able to buy anything.  Instances like the above seem to be the norm, every time I leave the house.  
     I do not have a solution for any of this.  We all need our cheap disposable crap!  All I am really saying here ---is that I can see why even the most normal people just snap one day.   And are on the evening news---standing on the local Wally World roof throwing slushies, GI-Joe's, and condoms down on the awed and angered crowd below.  Angered because the free show on the roof is mesmerizing, especially the more clothes the person starts to take off, but it is keeping them from buying more cheap disposable crap.  Add in a poor economy, life stressors, and a crazy president that hates America and these type of events are sadly going to happen more and more.  
    ** I must add very quickly that I worked at Wally World for eight long years.  And my thoughts on the company are generally not good.  But while working there, we were lectured when we called any deal cheap.  It was "reasonably priced."   I personally got this lecture many times.  And this might be part of the reason I added "cheap" in this post so many times.   Thanks for reading!!**






No comments:

Post a Comment