Sunday, February 3, 2013

More Exploring A!




I particularly enjoy these pictures and hope you will too. So much so, I am going to turn tonight's post just about these shots from last week's exploring. We had some rare free time last Wednesday afternoon, and saw some sun shine! Although after getting my final pictures of the sun set, the walk back to our car was very chilly. Please do not forget to share this exploring blog sight-if you enjoy what you see. And check up on my longer running sight with 350+ posts of random rambling and coffee love. I have been focusing on promiting posts from this page there also, but will return to my wonderful rants and rambling this week. Take a look --- www.wyomingjack.blogspot.com




On this day -- our youngest two had early release from school, and we found it was time to explore and give mommy some free time before our oldest got out of classes. We started out downtown Bellingham. I have written about this area many times. And new sights and beauty always greet me--on every trip here. I think the above building is one of the neatest buildings in Whatcom county. I also believe it is haunted. I have many-many pictures of this great old building.



This picture has an almost Eire glow from the intense sun!
I stood across Holly Street facing one of the mini light house towers for this shot.


We soon ended up down by the water.
A common destination in our travels around the area.
You can just make out the bay beyond the bridge in this shot.


Beyond all of the ducks and geese, ever present in the area
and the salmon ponds
throwing/skipping rocks is always hours of fun!



Max- our dog always is the first to get wet on our trips--
but will fight to the bitter end, when it is his bath time.


It always seems hard to imagine seeing such sights in the heart of our wonderful downtown.





Further up Holly Street ---I had to stop to take a picture of this tree!



Same tree not nearly as neat of an angle.




We ventured further up the road---near Bellingham Technical Collage.
Across from this stack is a parking area, surrounded by trails. To the left you are soon exploring the college. To the right you can soon reach the bay.


Another great tree, just off the trail on the way to the beach.



Soon you pass under the rail road tracks.


It just happened that a train was coming --right as we neared the bridge.




Even this lonely piece of drift wood turned into a great picture.


The kiddos soon got tired of my picture taking and built there own teeter tauter
with an ocean view!




I have posted about this area before--but
I really enjoyed these pictures.






Water ever flowing into the bay.




The abandoned pier, ripples, and sun allow for some great images.








I am forever in seek of the perfect sun set picture.
It might appear that the jet in this and another picture, ruined the shot---but I feel it made it.
Many flights, both big and small went over us during our short journey. But the airport is just up the road.



A few last shots, before heading back up the trail to our awaiting, warm car.






Who needs Hawaii when you can get views like this ?

No comments:

Post a Comment