Friday, September 7, 2012

9/7/2012





                                             **"Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?"**




  **"The only reason I still have a land line is so that I can call my cell and find out where I left it."**

               **"I swear if my memory gets any worse, I'll be able to plan my own surprise party."**----On a similar-ish note our middle school teacher's son used to ride bulls.  One day he got flung off the bull and had his head stomped on several times before he could get out of the way.  He was sore and suffered short term memory loss.  It was soon decided that he could hide his own Easter eggs that year.  True story. 

      **"Man I hate waiting in lines! I wish this lady would hurry up and pick a suspect."**



        Sadly this is my first blog post of the month.  But I am changing schedules at work, for the better, and have more daze off this week than normal.  So hope to put up many posts between both blog sights.   I will be working weekend nights starting next week, which should up the tips and stress levels for sure.   Being a new hire, they did not trust me on weekends yet, but I think if nothing else, they are running out of servers ;)  I have a ton of ideas for both blogs especially my newest blogs just about Bellingham and Whatcom county.   I hope to also get the word out for both blogs ---so a HUGE thank you to all of my readers!   And please share my links if you enjoy what you see on these pages!   Obviously if you are here, you know the link to this page--my newest sight, still greatly under construction is open for viewing and comments ---Please check it out at  
http://exploreb-ham.blogspot.com/




   A day off work, AND full on sunshine, this is amazing in Washington, even in the summer.  We have had a most wondermous summer weather wise this year.  And Seatac in Seattle is about to hit a record for number of dry daze in a row, I believe it will be 50 some days in a row, if they do not see rain this coming Monday.   I love my current job!   Something I have not been able to say for quite awhile.  Both because I have had some crummy jobs, quite a few crummy jobs actually.  And partly because I have not been working for months before this job.  After moving from Wyoming, I wanted to enjoy the time with my family, enjoy hikes, take pictures, chill, and of course I also got married. 
                                                             Ain't she beyond purdy? 


     These things all have helped me fill many a blog.  I had my last job for four days.  I would like to say this was a record for shortest time at a job, but it is not.   In my next post I will go more into why I quit so fast and why I am overly disgruntled with Subway.  But today is mostly about jokes and hopefully making you chuckle like a school girl.  

    Now I must pause for a moment and talk about our family life.  I have been missing out on a lot of the family stuff because of work.  Except for my days off of work of course.  Anyways, we have been having a problem with two of our children stealing things.  Our daughter got caught once, her mom made her carry a huge sign around Wally World that said "I steal things."  and this shamed her so much, she never thought about stealing again.  The boys are not an easy fix.  Everyone steals at least once, maybe that pack of gum you took years ago, don't try to say you never took anything.  We tried to nip it in the butt --by involving the police several times now.  Several states have programs were they put your child in jail for awhile to see what there new home will be like, if they do not change there ways.  But here the police are not even willing to talk to the kids, to scare them.  They will not do anything until the child gets into the crime system.  WTF?  How is there any prevention by helping steering them down the right path?  I realize this heavily falls on the parents, but I know even today, talking to a police officer usually scares the crap out of me.  





   Does anyone actually iron any more?   My work shirt gets "ironed" in the dryer.









Equally annoying are the radio stations that pause after every song to inform you that you are in a continual 60 minutes of just music.  It is not just music if you keep stopping to talk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment