Sunday, June 24, 2012

6/24/2012 AKA A Month Till My Birthday




   Lake Sylvia across the state in Grays Harbor.   A few weekends back we spent a terrific, if not overcast day at the lake.  Were do you think they get the Gray part of the name?   As I keep saying, lately --an exploring blog is also coming on this weeksend trip.   Among everything else  I just started a new job last week, and have not had as much free time as before.  More insights on the new job soon---- mostly to protect the innocent, myself.   Cliff notes:   I may very soon have a new new boss.   But it is great to be part of the work force again.  I have been making cash off selling items online and such lately, but this is actual, git down and dirty work.   Working at work, what the heck!  Right?   Anyways, if you live in the Bellingham area and have not gotten the memo, a Pilot truck station is being built in near by Ferndale.  It Actually opens tomorrow!   And that is were I am now working.  Lucky me this company pays once a week, we should wake up with more cash in the morning.  It is going into the account direct deposit, so I might just stay up till midnight, to see if the cash shows up.  I used to fight direct deposit---any time I got a job, because for whatever reason, I enjoy getting and seeing the physical pay check.  But in a paperless environment, one that takes 80 mailed notices each month to tell you that your car insurance is due and than paid in full.



   This was takin' in the same area.  In a town that I seldom wish to go too.  I have to say this time, it led to a great trip.   And as I above said, I will retell it all very soon.   I share this picture---of a simple run of ditch, near our friends house, simply because it reminds me of a saying from The Simpsons, that has always stuck with me, no one, even myself knows why.    This saying is talking about bad water.   And I believe the worst water we have endured was around the Phoenix AZ area.   But most of the worse things we found were in that area!  Anyways, here is the quote...  "If it's brown, drink it down!  If it's black, send it back!"   This should be remembered when dinning in any less than fine dinning restaurant or while in Phoenix or Mexico for sure!  Just sayin'!



   And now to stay in tradition, I will post about coffee!   Imagine that!   Coffee really is my best friend.   And those that know me well, or have to be around me in the mornings, especially my beautiful wife, are very glad, that I continue to love coffee.  So that I can be a functioning person in the mornings or afternoons.  Whenever I happen to crawl out of bed.  

 Like booze, the more coffee I drink, the better looking I am to my wife.  Or is that the more great coffee I bring her?   Either way, I just mentioned to squeeze an entire paragraph outta onna my favorite things.  If nothing else, you can scan my old blogs and gain hundreds of pictures, thoughts, and insight just about coffee.  Not to mention all of the other topics I ramble on about.  Sometimes surprising everyone and becoming deep!

   I am not sure were the following person shops, or why they get taxed twice, but that is a heck of a discount on midgets!   Wait, what exactly was this person buying?   I go with the more PC termage and say vertically challenged.  

  Speaking of PC......







  Our dog, Max, thinks he's people!    So our kids really wanted a pet---and we got this great dog a few months ago.    Now they ignore Max.  But that's to be expected.  What always surprises me, even tonight on our walk around town---is any time the two youngest see another dog, even when I am walking ours, they have to run up and ask the owners if they can pet the dog.    We have a dog that is starved for attention, and they could pet all day everyday.  But whatever.  


    Just as a thought if you live in this area-----and have Facebook, join the fan page for 100.7 the wolf out of Seattle.   You can enter to win $500 worth of gas!    I know with the rising prices of gas, this would help us a ton, and should not be sharing, because I want to win.   But maybe the great radio station will really enjoy me rambling on about them.  I am just happy we get the station clear up here in Bellingham.   Because many of the local stations, leave a lot to be desired.





  I honestly just heard about a new kitchen faucet, that dispenses coffee.   How great does this sound?   True or not.   

**"So I saw an automated sign waving machine today on the Guide in Bellingham. No need to pay anyone to hold the sign and wave at people. Dam machines are taking all our jobs."**---I personally hate the self checkers at stores, because I have been a cashier for years.  And one worker can easily be in charge of ten or more self check out stations.  Luckily for us human cashiers, most others hate the check outs, mainly because they can not figure the dam things out.  

    Summer time is time for lemonade!








    So---I have some great posts coming for both of my blogs.   Please stay patient with me.  And thank you for all of the views!    This sight is getting very near to 9000 views and my newest blog sight has 400 views now.  I am also working on a story that is still playing out with us at the moment.  As I always say, I can not make this sh*t up!   And it is a doozy of a story, if I do say so myself.  I hope everyone is have an adventure filled summer!   

No comments:

Post a Comment