Friday, July 28, 2017

Lets Get This Party Started!



              Annnnnnnnnd just like that another month is almost over.   I will get back to you if that is a good thing or a bad thing.  It does mean that here in the desert the extremely hot weather is almost gone and it will go back to just being extra hot.  Made official by the less talk of rain every day and the fact that our kiddos returned to school yesterday---Horray!  I am not sure why after every break  short of long, this school insists on having the kids return to school on a Thursday.  The school says after such a break it is betterer to have them slowly break into this learning environment with a couple days at school, and than a weekend break.  I do not agree and think you should jump right back into learning on a Monday, even if it pushes the school start into another calender week.  Let's get this party started!   Just like when one decides to swim in extremely cold water---I don't dilly dally slowly in, cringing while I wait for what I know will happen, each step into the pool from the shallow end, making me more chilly, before the ultimate chill factor when ones balls are fully submerged in the cold ass water.  I, even if it's still winter time, and I have done this more times than I should be able to say, just jump in ---making sure I am fully submerged in the water upon entry.  
          So last week I took the kids to the local back to school fair  were they get free backpacks and school supplies galore.  Although my wife collects stationary items, it is still a life saver on the pocket book.  Although the high schoolers supply list is crazy long and expensive, even after the gifts from the fair.   Anyways a co worker--- was ranting about how when we went to school, way back when---I might of done graduated in "97" and them much before that, that they did not have back to school fairs--full of freebies.   I replied, that it didn't cost a fortune to the parent when we went to school!   This years school supply lists are about $100 per kid, the back to school pictures come at the start of the year.  We help pay for all kinds of field trips and after school stuff.   And than the school has some kind of new fund raiser like every other week.  BUT they don't see it safe sending the kiddos door to door to raise any cash.   This leaves each fund raiser to the family and co workers, if you feel the need to push candy bars at work.   None of this was true way back in 1997.  Although graduation year was costly for all.   We have one of those coming up very soon too.    Than one of my managers chimed in with his two cents, and said it was free simply because rocks, pebbles, and twigs were free to all!   Our toys and calculators in his eyes when we went to school----Thanks for the input Manager Pebbles from The Flintstones.   ;)



     **"I swear every major road in Tucson is currently under construction!"**---   True story.   Every road!   I was attempting to get across Tucson to work last week and saw some construction coming up  so quickly got off the main road.   That road soon turned into construction  as well as multiple roads I found after this.   Leading up to getting on the interstate and getting off of it.   Boring story short, I was late for work---Don't tell, and it wound up taking me longer to get across town   than to drive from my house to work.  Just a freakin' bout.   The orange traffic cone really is the state flower of Arizona right now!   



    

  Our youngest made me several rubber band prizes for my birthday    this is my favorite.....





Lol I told him I'd try and wear this at work but we're not supposed too. But the managers don't notice a lot. He said if they made me take it off , he wanted to talk to them! Lol he's 13----More about my birthday    when I stop feeling ancient.   So maybe never!   ;)




       So this very blog page is already a cult favorite of yours and you wish to visit it each and every day  to find out I only have time to post about once a week.   ;)    Please also visit my Exploring Arizona blog page   filled with our Exploring and personal pictures of mine.  MANY updates truly are in the works.   No construction orange cones involved.    Lets get this party started and check it!   



http://exarizonagobensonbobcats.blogspot.com





Come on morning and wake up juice   Lets get this party started!!

I have said this before   but I like fine coffee    my time in Washington and Oregon around so much amazing coffee choices kind of spoiled me.   I do not necessarily like Starbucks, but with the company's shure size   and free Wi-Fi it is easy to find yourself in one.   Like here in Benson were this Starbucks in Safeway is about the only coffee choice   although this location really needs the free Wi-Fi option.   The above coffee cup does not offend me in any way,   keep trying with your different colored cups-Starbucks----lol   it does not offend me because it is full of coffee!    For now.   


As always Happy Trails!!



No comments:

Post a Comment