Friday, February 6, 2015

Some Snow Lingering In Sierra Vista, AZ




            Hello all!   I started this page awhile back in hopes of sharing lots of local adventures and pictures.  I have tons of pictures, features, Exploring, and thoughts in the works.  Across this amazing state I call the land of the sweating sun, but most of you call Arizona!  I am working on a sight to attempt to sell some of my Exploring pictures from across the country.  And to promote this very page.  If you like what you see---PLEASE share the links   so that people that live in Arizona, or whose heart remains in Arizona can view and comment.  Your comments help me make this page better for sure.  For even more pictures and Exploring please check out my Washington state site   at   http://exploreb-ham.blogspot.com/   And my first page   full of Exploring, pictures, random rambling, and lots of coffee love    Please note   this sight is not for those that are not easily amused...    You know  YOU want to check it out    www.wyomingjack.blogspot.com  

      A few days back our youngest got suspended from school for reasons the school found much more serious than his mother and I.  I happened to have the day off work and he and I disappeared set to find some adventure.  On this super sunny day, even for February, we had no shortage in full on sunshine.   And ended up in Sierra Vista.   I had intended on ending the day with some museum tours on the army base, but alas all of the museums were closed for maintaince.  

   

I was very surprised to see so much snow in the mountains still.


Nothing like I grew up with in Wyoming
but for the desert   wow.


Mostly wow, because this was the last forecast out of Tucson for the week. 
Yes the good ol ground hog saw his shadow, 
dooming us to more weeks of this...
ummmmmm OK!






Today we ended up just past this sign.
And learned the hard way not to park in the trail head parking lot. 
We also learned a little bit more how much our youngest really is like his mom, just look at this picture.   ;)


At first from the parking lot we took off up the paved road. 
This soon became boring but I did manage to snap some good pictures before turning back.


Running water in Arizona is so rare  I always get pictures when I find it.



Near the water   deciding if we should pass into private property or not. 
For once, we did not. 


Some extra large magical shrooms  fed by the stream.  


From this point we took off cross country  mostly straight up hill.
It seems that the best views and Exploring is always up hill.
And I really thought we would hook into a trail from the top.
You can just make out parts of Sierra Vista from here. 


The view and the climbing up soon became boring and we ventured down to the road again.
On the way back to the parking lot and our car   we found this great parked car forever parked. 


Now that it was much warmer, we dropped off our coats in the car  
and ventured down the real trail.


Soon spotting another car that was not moving any time soon.


Down a very boring trail we soon came to the end.
We did see several deer  making the trip a little more exciting. 




At this point we realized, if we where to return here, to 
drive down the dirt road to the farm house and than start our Exploring.
The trails from here looked amazing.





How did they know, I was old and would  be Exploring here...?











Around the old ranch.   
I am always a sucker for old windmills.




Near the large pond and reserve for frogs. 


The only frogs we witnessed on this day. 






Time to check out another trail!




More snow in the distance. 


Bad picture   but pretty sure the distant hills where running water
as water falls. 


Just after this we found ourselves on the huge army base.
And might or might not have been lost for a little while.
I have heard that one of the first McDonald's drive through was near base to cater to the hungry soldiers.  


Sadly on this day the museums were closed for maintenance. 
The base is still amazing to Explore and in tip top shape for sure. 
Even picture perfect   one might say. 



As always


**HAPPY TRAILS!**

No comments:

Post a Comment