Wednesday, November 22, 2017

ThankFULL This Turkey Day Eve



     So the night before Thanksgiving this post kind of is going to write it self.   My days off work usually are just annoying to me because I find myself just running errands and doing more work  instead of enjoying any of my time off.  And some times during the holidaze it can be very easy to loose track of what we are really thankful for.   So each day this month I stop and post --what I am really thankful for.   And as the month went on, it got harder for sure.  I even missed a few days I am pretty sure.   But in honor of the spirit I want to attempt to keep this up through the new year!     So here is what I/we are thankful for so far this month!   As you will see I had to get a little creative as the month went on.  And a few I have in mind to post--you have to keep an open mind and walk with me as I get to the thankful part.   As I said this one kind of is writing it self.... :


   There are SO many reasons to be thankful all the time. But especially during the month we have Turkey Day! Besides everyone seems to post such negative stuff on FB. So every day this month---Something I am thankful for. **Today I am thankful for God's never ending forgiveness and love.**

I missed yesterday for expressing being Thankful all month long in a world we're everyone seems to take everything for granted and expect us all to bow down to them. So here's Day Two:. I'm thankful for my amazing family. 12 years and us just gets better every day. And for my few true friends who are basically family.

   Thankful/turkey month thankful for Day Three:. I'm thankful for having a roof over my head! Many don't. And I have had times where I wasn't sure where I was sleeping at night. On a side note when I'm deep in the dog house our truck has moon roof and when I'm sleeping in there I'm thankful for the sky view lol

ThankFULL Day Four:. Not only do I have a job I have an amazing job. 3 + years. Although my first Turkey day working here I thought I was getting fired. There is still a Yelp write up about that day online

  Is thankful and ready for turkey Day Five:. I am extremely thankful for coffee! Every day every month. I might talk about it just a lil to much. But lately it really does seem like I run fully on a strange mixture of coffee and hate

   **ThankFULL Day Six:. I'm thankful that we still live in a mostly free country where we can still speak and act our minds and vote. I'm also thankful for to go customers at work who still tip

   Very ThankFULL Day Seven:. Thankful for tomorrow. We get our free turkeys at work, bonus checks, reg pay checks at midnight, it's date day, wine Wensday, and another day off work!

  In a time when no one seems to be thankful for much There really are so many things to be thankful for---especially in November-----Day Eight I am very thankful for reliable transportation.

   Day Nine of being thankful, and I must say this is already getting a lil hard, :. I am thankful to have grown up before smart phones took over. For many reasons but mainly because could you imagine all the black mail videos my friends would have growing up?


Day Ten of being thankful:. Today is an easy one! I am very thankful for all vets!! Past and present. Thank you!!


  Thankful day 11:. I'm thankful for understanding bosses. I have had some amazing one's through the years, although very few, especially during my time at Walmart. The best have worked in the trenches with us pions and know that stuff happens. And we'll just git it. Very few managers do git it. But I currently have several that do.

Day 12:. I am very thankful Arizona does not have daylight savings time! Although I never know what time it is any time I call someone in another state
Some what related:. Have you ever placed your cell phones on your car dash while driving across the Hoover Damn just to watch the time change right about the middle of the damn?? Pure magic!

   Day 13: I'm thankful that today is my Friday at work. Cases of the Mondays are not near as bad when it's your last day o the work week


Day 14---of ThankFULL notes, how the heck are we almost to the middle of the month, seriously?? : Today I am thankful for Wally World--and after eight years working there I usually just bash the place. BUT I meet a lot of great people there--including my beautiful wife, and for that I am very thankful. I learned how to have meetings with management like a pro. I got to travel --in store transfers, Each and every Black Friday was always an adventure. When we both worked there, we never saw each other, but we were never hurting for $ I got to invent "code yellow" Did I mention I meet my wife working there?

   Day 15 Y'all: Today I am thankful for good cough medicine and rain checks on date days that work both ways

Day 16:. We are Thankful for free turkeys from work! Just got ours. Have it hid in the walk in freezer so I can go to work

   Day 17:. I am thankful for those of you with the same name as me. 
Many of you amazing Steven Adams are on my FB page. Salute!
Till we take over the world!!


Day 19:. Today I am Thankful that it is almost Turkey day. Yes I'll be at work getting those "sympathy" tips but I'll have plates o food waiting for me. And I can stop opening up the freezer and licking the frozen turkey, for taste

Day 21:. I am thankful for sleeping in. That has not happened for a long long time!

Day 22:. Thankful that I grew up well traveled. At least in the US. I have seen a lot of great places and still love a great Exploring trip

  I hope wherever finds you tomorrow---there is a big dinner waiting for you at the end of your day!   I have done everything on Turkey Day from working dreaded retail, to serving tables--and getting those "sympathy" tips   to actually getting the day off, doing a huge bike ride/hike with a buddy and ending up eating Thanksgiving dinner at a truck stop.  And I have to say it has all been great!     As the list continues I will update!   Happy Thanksgiving y'all!!

😍    




No comments:

Post a Comment