Saturday, December 23, 2017

Merry Christmas Eve-Eve!


    Roaming around Benson Arizona yesterday.   Got some Kool shots before I froze out.  

     Merry Christmas Eve- Eve as I would and will call it!  Try as I may once again this year I can not really get into the Christmas spirit for a lot of reasons.    There is no snow on the ground, it seems and feels like it was just July, I still have shopping to do, we have received several very downer bits of mail this month--- the mood at our house  is just kind of blah....etc etc.  I have been trying to turn this all around- by reading old blog posts of mine from December.   While most of them are amusing, at least to me, I have noticed that I get this same kind of feeling a lot during the holidaze.  For the same reasons-many times.  Or because I was writing yet another boring chapter in my life book, and finding myself single for the season.  I can only hope that this new year is much better for us.  It is close if nothing else!   I am sure you are already finding people that are overly witty, yelling "see you next year!"  as they leave your side or coffee meeting.     I also hope that you and yours--whomever you may be, are not in this funk and are having a very festive and very safe holiday season!    Merry Christmas!!




    **"I am trying to get into the Christmas spirit, but I can't seem to get the Dam bottle open!"**


    **"I truly hope everyone enjoys the air guitars I got them for Christmas!"**

    **Just imagine what last call would be like if Wal Mart had a bar!.....**


                               **"Life is short   play with your dog!"**

                         **"It's beginning  to cost a lot like Christmas!"**



Should have posted this in yesterday's blog on the 22nd
But shows I still have plenty of shopping time!
I have a list in my head of final shopping but will probably just resort to my old standby of hitting 7-11 on Christmas Eve and buying everyone  A cup of coffee, donuts, a 40 of Old English--or three and condoms.  ;)






      Last topic for today---is a mini vent I had on one of my pages---about the stupid new-ish item that all the "soft" parents must have during the holiday season. The elf on a shelf----Have you heard about this money waster? You get this elf to put up sent from Santa--to watch over your child and remind them to be good this holiday season. And I must admit---it is beyond stupid in my eyes. 
**I am sorry but this whole concept is beyond stupid. My parents never needed ssomething like this to keep me behaved during the holidaze. Because I wanted presents. And maybe because I actually got spanked. Who is going to remind you older kiddo to be good while they are in prison---Jar-jar that hangs on your jail Bars?**----- My above thoughts were posted after someone was looking for one of these elves on my own page. As of yet---no replies to my thoughts. But is it any wonder that so many kiddos are so willing to do whatever they wish? We as a society are mainly afraid to punish or discipline our kids in any way. And we are raising a nation that can not/will not take the blame for anything. But what do I know?


Another picture from yesterday.
Where are you Exploring today?
Let me know ---another thing the comment section on this very page is for!
Plus where you might be Exploring could easily give me ideas for where we should road trip next.  





   Please check out my Exploring Amazing Arizona blog page also.    It definitely needs more readers.   And lots of comments---as does this page    So I can make things betterer!   New posts are on the way---although Santa will probably come sooner.   But there are already 100+ picture filled posts to Explore.   

Please check it out http://exarizonagobensonbobcats.blogspot.com/


I think this is an amazingly great picture of my parents back in Sheridan Wyoming.
From the senior center newsletter.
I took lots of pictures of them and us on my trip back home, and none showed there glow even close to this one.  



Again in Benson.
Where I guess they don't just praise meth.  ;)
I have pictured this several times, but now here it is in the day light simply because---can you read the sign??


The sign is greatly faded. 
But says "No Parking!'
Interesting since they traveled far to be denied a place to stay for a very long time. 





And now your moment of Zen ...



Santa and his helper had a ruff night last night it looks like.
Good thing they have a few daze to energize before D Day!


This sign on a local store front could easily pass as my Christmas list 
if you added coffee to the sign or list.  



No comments:

Post a Comment