Saturday, February 18, 2012

Good-Bye


**"One more work day and six days in Sheridan, but who's counting!?"**


        **"All the coffee beans in Columbia, still couldn't make me a morning person."**
 
  **"Remember... a blow job from a puppet is just a hand job from the ventriloquist..."**
 
**"I always confuse the words exotic and erotic. That made for a very awkward conversation at my local pet store."**
 
                 **"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils."**
 
                         **"I could've eaten Alphabits and crapped out a better blog!! "**
 
           **"How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits Hes lost?"**
  Very soon I will be leaving this overly cold state, my job, and the many sheep here.  To move once again to Washington, with my fiance and her three kids.   I am more than ready.  I came here on a bus, so all of my belongings fit in a suitcase and a backpack.  I think my digital camera said it best earlier when I was shutting it off, "good-bye."  It is much harder to say this though.  Maybe I should just hold up the camera and make the people read it next time.  Maybe, better yet, I should stop saying good-bye unless it is to someone that needs to be out of my life.  It has been about a year since I have un-friended people in real life.  Those good-byes I am gooder at.  Because friends that are not really friends anymore need to be edited randomly.  Not saying they will never get a second chance.  I am not good at good-byes at all.  And being over sheltered growing up, I will have to say, I will miss my parents a huge amount.  Although they are talking about moving back to the South soon.   Soon after I move back to my home in Washington, I will be working on getting my parents to visit.   Turning more of my hikes into blog posts filled with pictures of the area.   
    As I keep saying I will post a whole blog on the joys and pains of Facebook.  And it's dam friends list.   Complete with lots of pictures.   But again, not today thanks for playing.
    I would like to say that with all of my life moves, it has gotten easier.  And in many aspects it has.  I can pack up a huge house in mere days, not weeks.  And for the most part leaving people is getting much easier.  Partly because I can still correspond with them and partly because I will more than likely see them again.  I would also like to say that I have never cried when I moved.  But last time I left Washington, I left a huge part of me there.  A part of me I am getting back very soon.  And some were -many somewheres along the 23 hour bus ride I lost what manly hood I had, and let loose and cried.  And cried a lot.  I do have to say most people would not set  near me during this episode.  So I could cry in peace and stretch out across multiple free seats at the same time.  At least no one tried to hug me. 


      Although I am terrible with good-byes, I think the worse part of coming back to Wyoming, besides the coming back to Wyoming part.  Was that everyone wanted to hug me.  I hate hugs.   Even from those I love, I do not love hugs.   What happened to, "I have not seen you forever,  how about a nice hearty handshake!?"  It seemed like every were I went, someone was bent on giving me a huge bear hug.   Female, male, fish, pre-op, post-op whatever they may be.  I plan on locking my arms around my fiance and not letting go for a long time next Friday night, when I return home.  But that is a great thing.  I am now sick of typing the words good-bye.   I do know that most of my friends will see me again, in my travels.  And to my few true friends I say a big "thank you" and "Happy Trails!"


    So most of the time when I move, people are more than ready for me to leave.  In fact I can usually go around to disgruntled co-workers and collect "gas money" if I ensure I will leave sooner than my deadline.   This time my co-workers still want me to git, but collected cash to buy me a used laptop.   So while I am waiting for hours for my plane out of Vegas, I can roam online.  And hopefully say howdy to my sweet p.   If any of them are bored enough that they read my blogs,  Thank you. 

    Stamp prices are going up again.  Postal service is supposed to be less about service soon.   With talks about stopping over night deliver, shutting down post offices, and stopping Saturday delivery.   Is it any wonder no one wants to send a snail mail letter just to say hi anymore?   I have been trying to right real letters.  But have not been good at this at all.  One of the main reasons I have been trying is that it is becoming a lost art.   Were you right down actual full words instead of abbreviations, and either spell things wrong, or take the time to look the words with more than one syllable up.  Wich makes me  instantly wander why syllable has three syllables in it.   Also because it is super joyous to get an actual letter in the mail.   Unless it is from court.
      On a similar note, I just read about the rule of five.   In the example I read about, the man trying the rule was out of work for a year.  He was finding himself sinking into bad habits and defiantly was not getting much of a social life at all.   I really do not like people much, so probably will not try any of this, but thought I would share.  Anyway, on the day that he aced a job interview, he decided to meet five new people a day.  Go right up to someone on the subway, and start an actual conversation with them.   Call some random person in the phone book and talk.  Knock on the person next doors, door.  Five new people, every day.    He than would give them a business card with his name and phone number on it.   Even if the person did not seem to want to talk than, or was rude, he would hand out his card.   I suppose one could do the same thing with a letter.   Randomly send out letters to people you did not know before.  Up beat letters.    It might just make that persons day.  And who knows what might come out of that new contact in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment